Monday, September 01, 2008

 

American TV Can Damage Your Psyche

This may not seem like news to you, however I was just hoping for a little mindless pleasure when I purchased some used DVDs from an Internet recycling group (kind of like an online garage sale for people living in Japan). I have watched exactly four episodes of Brothers and Sisters and I am wondering if the program is more trouble than it is worth. It makes me ache for my family, warts and all, heck especially the warts! I feel so far, so disconnected and yes, it is true that when I came to Japan I was looking to escape their closeness somewhat, to try to discover who I am outside of them, but I never imagined I'd stay here after I'd figured that out. I never imagined, when I promised to stay, that watching a simple TV drama would cut me like a knife. Why can't the damn thing be set in New York instead of California?

Comments:
Check out ABC.Com full episodes to see what is going on on "Brothers and Sisters." Do U.S. videos work on your television?

Aunt J
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?